Post by Awahs on Nov 12, 2023 15:11:46 GMT
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This may answer some of your questions:
Can't locate Android device?
- If xfi Endpoint is installed and xfi Locator can't find the device, make sure the device is registered and the xfi endpoint shows "Device is registered" message. Also, make sure "Location" service is turned on the target device where xfi Endpoint is installed.
If the Android device can be only located occasionally, do the following on the target Android device that has xfi Endpoint installed:.
- Go to Settings/App/xfi Endpoint/Permissions/Location and make sure "Allow all the time" is checked
- Go to Settings/App/xfi Endpoint/Mobile data/ and check both"Allow background data usage", "Allow app while Data saver on"
- Go to Settings/App/xfi Endpoint/battery and check "Allow background activity"
- Go to Settings/App/xFi Endpoint/battery, select "Optimize battery usage", select "all" and make sure that "xfi" is unchecked(off).
Can't locate iOS device?
- Make sure Find my iPhone is enabled on the target device with the same credential you use to log in to Locator app. Make sure the target device have internet connection. Restart target device if all settings look right but still can't locate.
Location of target device is inaccurate?
- Without GPS turned on, the location of the target device is just approximate and may be way off. You can turn on GPS on the target device to get more accurate location, but GPS can drain battery quickly, so that may not be an option. The app has no control over the accuracy of the device location. Without GPS, location accuracy just depends on many factors such as how many cell towers in the vicinity, location record of the WIFI router, location determination method used by cellphone carrier, etc. So, just keep in mind that location shown for target devices sometimes can be accurate and sometimes can be off.
Need to locate xfi Endpoint device from any device such as iPhone, iPad or a desktop? use this web application at this URL:
My target Android device can only be located when it is on Wifi?
- Go to settings/Apps/xfi and make sure "Allow background data usage" is checked.
What is the FOCUS button for?
If there are multiple devices on the same account, the map will automatically zoom into the focused device.
Unable to login?
- Make sure you are on the latest version of the app.
- Verify that your credentials are correct, verify the credentials by using another login method like logging in via a web browser.
- If the credentials are saved, remove and re-enter.
- If the credentials are correct but still can't log in, try to login using another device.
- The account may be disabled if there are many failed attempts. If the account is disabled, login would fail even with correct credentials. You may need to take a break and try again the next day or search for instructions to re-activate the account.
What is that watch icon on the upper right corner?
-The watch symbol is to show, hide watches, airpods. If you don't have any of those in your account, the symbol wouldn't do anything.